Raymarine Global Limited Warranty - Dragonfly Products
Effective: 1st February 2013
Raymarine Belgium (BVBA) and its affiliates (“RAYMARINE”) warrants this RAYMARINE product purchased directly from RAYMARINE, from a certified RAYMARINE dealer, or installed on a new vessel by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year from: (a) the date the Products were first purchased; or (b) in the case of Products installed on a new vessel by an OEM, the date the vessel was first delivered (the “Purchase Date”) to the first retail customer of the Products or of the vessel (the “Original Customer”).
RAYMARINE Products are not a substitute for possessing and exercising the independent judgment and skill needed to safely and effectively operate any vessel or engage in any marine activity.
THE LIMITED WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES IN THIS WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY ARISING UNDER ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE OWNER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RAYMARINE Belgium (BVBA), OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE, INABILITY TO USE, IMPROPER RELIANCE ON, OR FROM ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION ON INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT AFFECT A CUSTOMER'S RIGHTS AGAINST A RETAILER ARISING FROM A SALES/PURCHASE CONTRACT.
RAYMARINE, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, RETAINS THE RIGHT TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE PRODUCT, WHICH, IN THE ABSENCE OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW TO THE CONTRARY, SHALL BE THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY.
REPLACEMENT OR REPAIRED PRODUCT WILL SUBSEQUENTLY CARRY ONLY THE REMAINING BALANCE OF THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY TERM.
IMPORTANT GLOBAL LIMITED WARRANTY CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
IN ADDITION TO ALL OF THE OTHER TERMS, CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SPECIFIED IN THE RAYMARINE GLOBAL LIMITED WARRANTY, RAYMARINE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER, ANY AND ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- This product is warranted for leisure use only, which excludes commercial, military, law enforcement or related purposes.
- Failures or defects due to accident, abuse, misuse, high pressure washing, shipping damage, alteration, corrosion, incorrect and/or non-authorized repair, improper siting or installation (whether or not by a certified RAYMARINE dealer), or failure to comply with product user information or guidance;
- Products where the serial number has been altered, obscured or is missing;
- Failure of or defects in third party software or services supplied with, or accessible via, the Product;
- Routine maintenance and checks, software revisions or updates, alignment/calibration, sea trials or commissioning unless required by replacement of parts in the area being aligned;
- Repair or replacement of items intended to be consumed or replaced including (without limitation) fuses, batteries, drive belts, radar limiter diodes, magnetrons, snap-in impeller carriers, impellers, impeller bearings and impeller shafts;
- Recovery or replacement of personal information stored on a Product;
- All associated costs, including (without limitation) taxes, travel or transport, Product de-installation or re-installation (including but not limited to transducer de-installation and re-installation costs), launch or docking fees, hauling, shipping or towing fees, communication charges, accommodation or subsistence, customs, or any other associated costs arising from the replacement of a Product, all of which are the Customer’s responsibility;
- Differences in material, colouring or size that may exist between actual Products and the pictures or descriptions of such Products in product advertising, literature or on the Internet;
- Damage caused to other equipment, systems or components occasioned by improper installation, connection or use of the Product;
- Cosmetic blemishes including scratches and dents on Refurbished Products
- This warranty will lapse if not registered after a period of 5 years from manufacture.
- This warranty is not transferrable from the Original Customer.
- Raymarine will refuse any warranty where product has been resold multiple times, via on-line auctions or dubiously.
THIS RAYMARINE GLOBAL LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT HAVE THE EFFECT OF EXCLUDING OR LIMITING THE CUSTOMER’S STATUTORY RIGHTS UNDER THE APPLICABLE NATIONAL LEGISLATION. THIS WARRANTY COMPLIES WITH EU DIRECTIVE 1999/44/EC