Software Update Instructions for the SR150
This software update FAQ relates to the following products:
Please fully read this page before attempting to update your Raymarine System. This page contains each step for you to sucessfully update your Raymarine system
IMPORTANT TERMS OF DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE
Firmware update processes are done at your own risk. Before initiating the update process be sure to backup and make copies of all important files.
If the firmware process is interrupted your product may not function properly, therefore do not interrupt the process and ensure the unit is on a reliable power supply. Damage caused by incomplete upgrades will not be covered by Raymarine warranty.
By Downloading the software, you agree to these terms.
Stage 1: Populating the mSD Flash Memory Card with the MFD Software
Note: To avoid potentially corrupting the data on your Navionics chart card, DO NOT copy software update files to your Navionics chart card and DO NOT back up waypoint/route/track data to your Navionics chart card. MicroSD cards are commonly available in most stores selling consumer electronics products. Waypoint, route, track data, and system configuration data can be stored on a microSD memory card which also contains software update files.
- You are NOT required to update the products software versions sequentially. For example, you can go from v6.27 to v14.36
- The mSD (Micro SD) memory cards used with a/c/e/eS/gS Series MFDs should have a memory capacity of no less than 1GB and no more than 32GB.
- The mSD card should be formatted to FAT32. (External link: Instructions)
- Insert a compatible Flash memory card into the computer's memory card reader or into a memory card reader which has been interfaced to the computer.
- Select the appropriate software download for your product
- Upon completion of the download, click on the downloaded ZIP file to open it
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Copy all extracted files to the Root of the Flash mSD card (Root is the first level you access when selecting the Flash). Make sure the files are not in any folders on the card
(See video below for examples. Files will vary depending on update)
- For example: if your computer has assigned Removable Disk (E:) to your memory card reader/writer, then the software update files should be copied directly to Removable Disk (E:), not to any folders created on the memory card.
- Note: You are only opening the ZIP file that is downloaded. You cannot open the files contained in the ZIP file, these have extensions such as .dob .pkg .sh .sh.sig.iso with various file names. If you attempt to open these files you will see an error as they are designed to update your Raymarine products and not for use in a Windows, Apple or Linux PC.
- Remove the memory card from the computer's memory card reader.
Stage 2: The update method
Information about the a, c, e, eS, gS Series update
The a, c, e, eS, gS Series software download now contains the latest version of software for the following peripherals:
- Adaptors – ST1-STNG Converter, ECI-100, iTC-5
- Fishfinders – CP100, CP200, CP370, CP470, CP570
- Instruments – i50, i60, i70, iTC-5, p70
- Pilots – Evolution ACU, Evolution CCU, p70
Once the Master MFD has updated, any connected MFD or peripheral will be updated as well.
The SR150 software unfortunately cannot be included in the above packages, and so has to be upgraded seperately by downloading the dedicated ZIP file
Updating the SR150 using a, c, e, eS or gS Series MFD's
- Please make sure RayNet (SeaTalkhs) is connected to both the SR150 and the MASTER Multifunction Display (MFD), and that all are powered before starting the update procedure.
- With the MFD powered down, place the mSD card with the SR150 software into the MFD and turn it on. – The MFD will search for the remote SR150 and proceed to upgrade the software.
- MFD will show update % progress and eventually “Upgrade Complete” for the product/s.
- Remove Card and Power cycle the whole system.
- It is very important that the SR150 is power cycled, so that the installed software is fully loaded into the product.
- Once all the devices in the system are updated, please verify that this is correct by going to the following screen:
Checking the software versions of your Raymarine products using a, c, e, eS or gS Series MFD
- The MFD's and peripherals software version may be verified via the command sequence (Using the MASTER MFD):
- [Home screen] Setup > Maintenance > Diagnostics > Select Device
Please note: You will only see Raymarine devices that are connected on SeaTalkNG and RayNet only. Other devices may not be listed
Updating the SR150 with a Legacy display (E Series Classic, C Series Wide, E Series Wide)
- Please make sure RayNet (SeaTalkhs) and is connected to both the SR150 and the Multifunction Display (MFD), and that all are powered before starting the update procedure.
- Power off the MASTER MFD.
- Insert the CF memory card containing the SR150 software update files into the MFD’s memory card reader.
- Power ON the MFD.
- After the MFD has booted to its Raymarine Software Upgrade Utility screen, select the software upgrade package from the Upgrade Packages Available list.
- Press the UPGRADE REMOTE UNIT function key.
- Press the UPGRADE REMOTE UNIT ON ST2 (It may also say STNG depending on the current version of software you are using).
- Use the Trackpad to highlight the unit you wish to update and press the UPGRADE UNIT softkey.
- When the progress indicator's Overall bar reaches 100%, the Device software will have been upgraded.
- Remove the CF memory card from the MFD's memory card reader.
- Power cycle the whole system.
- It is very important that the SR150 is power cycled, so that the software is fully loaded into the product.