Raymarine® Now Offers the SiriusXM Fish Mapping™ Service
SiriusXM Fish Mapping Now Available on Raymarine Axiom Displays with SR200 Satellite Weather and Entertainment Receiver
NEW YORK and Nashua, NH., – April 5 2022 – Raymarine and SiriusXM announced today that the SiriusXM Fish MappingTM service – designed to help saltwater anglers locate fish faster and save fuel – is now available on Raymarine’s Axiom® line of chart plotter displays.
SiriusXM Fish Mapping provides regularly updated, science-based fishing data directly to compatible Axiom displays using the SR200 SiriusXM Satellite Weather receiver and running Raymarine’s new version of the LightHouse 4 operating system.
“Our Axiom displays with our LightHouse 4 operating system help saltwater anglers make smarter decisions using best in class charts, CHIRP sonar, and radar, and the SiriusXM Fish Mapping service is an excellent new feature that our anglers will find useful,” says Jamie Dery, Vice President of Raymarine Americas. “We are incredibly excited to enable the Fish Mapping service and improve our Axiom customers’ offshore fishing intelligence.”
“We are very pleased to make SiriusXM Fish Mapping available to saltwater anglers using Raymarine’s Axiom displays,” said Dave Wasby, VP of Aviation, Marine, and Music for Business for SiriusXM. “Fish Mapping offers several distinct features that help anglers see where game fish are most likely to be biting, helping them save time and fuel. This service also complements SiriusXM’s best-in-class weather and audio services to make Raymarine boaters’ time on the water more productive and enjoyable.”
The SiriusXM Fish Mapping service is now available on select products from all major marine electronics manufacturers.
Fish Mapping provides eight distinct features to identify the most promising areas to fish in North American waters:
- Fishing Recommendations identify the areas that oceanographers recommend for zeroing in on six distinct target species.
- Plankton Fronts show locations of greatest plankton concentration next to relatively little plankton – particularly beneficial info when they occur near temperature fronts.
- Plankton Concentration contour lines show areas with dense plankton concentrations. Bait fish feed on plankton which attracts game fish.
- Sea Surface Temperature Fronts reveal significant temperature changes that create distinct boundaries between bodies of water, concentrating nutrients which attract bait fish. Strong and very strong fronts are good places to find game fish.
- Sea Surface Temperature Contour lines are simplified graphic representations of sea surface temperatures to help target areas where specific fish species can be found.
- Weed Lines show the most recent sightings of weed lines, which provide habitat for bait and game fish.
- Sea Surface Height Anomalies represent areas of upwellings, eddies and convergence zones where nutrient-rich water is favorable for finding fish.
- Sub-Surface Water Temperatures provide water temperatures up to 30 meters beneath the surface, to help identify where targeted game fish tend to hunt within their preferred temperature range.
Anglers who already have SiriusXM Weather and a SR200 can easily upgrade to the SiriusXM Fish Mapping service using their compatible Axiom display. A free one-month trial subscription of Fish Mapping is available, and the software update is available at no cost. Customers can download the software update by visiting: www.raymarine.com/service-and-support/software-updates
The SR200 is easy to install and use, and its reliable antenna provides the best possible reception, even on the fringes of SiriusXM’s extensive coverage area (up to 150 nautical miles offshore). Consumers who do not yet have a SR200 receiver will need to purchase it and subscribe. There is currently a $100 rebate available with the purchase of a new SR200 and subscription activation to the SiriusXM Marine service.
The Fish Mapping service is $99.99 a month and includes all of SiriusXM Marine’s Weather information. The service can be suspended at no charge for up to 6 months each year. The SR200 also supports SiriusXM’s audio entertainment service which features a wide variety of channels that offer ad-free music, plus news, sports, comedy and more. Access to SiriusXM’s audio channels can be added to a Fish Mapping subscription.
For more information on the SiriusXM Marine Fish Mapping service, including Offer Details for the trial subscription offers and rebates, visit siriusxm.com/fishmapping. Learn more about Raymarine Axiom displays and the Raymarine SR200 receiver